Before your appointment, we will discuss your referral with you, and if needed explain the referral system, inform you of how much time we feel needs to be allocated for your appointment and why, and provide an estimate of what the fees will be.
Make an Appointment
Whether you have a serious or ongoing worry, would like to have a well child check or have a niggling issue to tackle, we share the same values of wanting the best for your child. Find out what’s involved in making an appointment to come and see Dr Liz.
Preparing for Your First Visit to Flourish
Before your appointment there are some preliminary formalities that need to be carried out. We allocate an additional 5-10 minutes for you to complete these which also gives your child time to play and settle in. If you would like to fill out all the on line registration form before you arrive, that will help us both even further.
We will ask you to complete some brief details about your childs presenting problem before your appointment. The family medical history is the cornerstone of diagnosis and often, during consultation, patients forget to mention important issues.
Useful Things to Bring Along
To assist us in providing you with as thorough assessment as possible, please remember your child’s:
• Infant health record or Blue or green book, and any other growth and development data you may have;
• Previous records or reports from other doctors or health professionals you may have visited;
• Immunisation record, which should be in the back of your infant health record.
• Growth measurements not in the infant health record;
• Any photos or videos you may have taken that relate to your child's problem. Most people nowadays have a camera and or video on their mobile phone. A video or photographic record can be very helpful for episodes or conditions that are intermittent or change over time;
School age children;
• All school reports;
• Any previous educational assessments;
• A brief letter from the teacher if the problems relate to school.
Consent to obtain information from other professionals
In order to complete the assessment of your child we often need to contact other professionals who may have been involved in your child's care. We will ask you to complete a Permission to obtain information if required. If you have any concerns please feel comfortable to discuss this with us.
Our Toy Policy
We are very conscious of individual parental preferences regarding the choice of toys and entertainment for their child.
We have decided:
• Not to have a television;
If your child has some special toys they love to play with, please feel free bring them with you as a surprise for them when you come.
What to tell your child before their visit:
We encourage you to be as open as possible about the reason your child is coming to see us. Use child-friendly phrases and try and relate them to any conversations you may already had with your child.
We refer all our children to pathology for blood tests so you can reassure them that there will be no needles when visiting Dr Liz. We offer immunisations but try an limit this to children less than 18 months, because at 18 months or older they remeber who gave them the needle and may be reluctant to come again.